Because the Russia-Ukraine conflict enters its 102nd day, we check out the principle developments.
Listed here are the important thing occasions to this point on Sunday, June 5.
Get the most recent updates here.
- Ukrainian forces have counterattacked in Severodonetsk in jap Ukraine, the UK’s Ministry of Defence stated, because the regional governor, Serhiy Haidai, stated Russian forces have misplaced floor and town is now cut up in half between Ukrainian and Russian forces.
- Kyiv noticed the worst missile assault in weeks as civilian and army infrastructure had been focused in a Russian assault. One particular person has been injured.
- Russia’s defence ministry stated its forces shot down a Ukrainian army transport aircraft carrying weapons and munitions close to the Black Sea port of Odesa.
- Putin will focus on the conflict in an interview because of be broadcast on nationwide tv on Sunday. In a short excerpt, Russia’s RIA information company quoted him as saying Moscow was simply dealing with US weapon programs despatched to Ukraine and had destroyed dozens of them.
- Ukraine rebuked France’s Emmanuel Macron for saying it was vital to not “humiliate” Russia, a place Ukrainian International Minister Dmytro Kuleba stated “can solely humiliate France”.
- Russia’s overseas minister stated Western sanctions would don’t have any impact on the nation’s oil exports, predicting a giant soar in income from vitality shipments this 12 months.
- Finland and Sweden becoming a member of NATO would put Russia in a troublesome army place within the Baltic Sea, prime US Normal Mark Milley stated in Stockholm earlier than a army train.