Right here is the scenario because it stands on Wednesday, November 16.
Explosion in Poland
- A missile that hit Poland killing two folks was most likely a Ukrainian air defence missile and there was no proof to recommend the incident was an intentional assault by Russia, Poland’s President Andrzej Duda stated.
- The Russian defence ministry denied the stories, describing them as “a deliberate provocation aimed toward escalating the scenario”.
- NATO referred to as an emergency assembly to debate the explosion and doable subsequent steps.
- Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy stated Russia fired at the least 85 missiles on Tuesday, principally directed at power infrastructure, together with within the western metropolis of Lviv, near the border with Poland.
- Missiles hit cities together with the capital, Kyiv, Lviv and Rivne within the west, Kharkiv within the northeast, Kryvyi Rih and Poltava within the centre, Odesa and Mykolaiv within the south, and Zhytomyr within the north, in what Ukraine stated was the heaviest wave of missile assaults in almost 9 months of struggle.
- Greater than a dozen Ukrainian areas reported power outages after missiles hit, affecting cities collectively populated by hundreds of thousands. About half of the Kyiv area misplaced energy.
- Moldova stated it’s experiencing electrical energy outages because of Russian assaults on power infrastructure in neighbouring Ukraine and referred to as on Moscow to cease its assaults, saying, “Each bomb falling on Ukraine can also be affecting Moldova and our folks.”
- Civil servants working for the Russian-installed administration in Nova Kakhovka, the second-largest metropolis in Ukraine’s southern Kherson area, left together with 1000’s of residents due to preventing.
- Russia is now engaged in a defensive operation in Ukraine following its withdrawal from Kherson metropolis, a Western official stated, after Zelenskyy promised to reclaim all of Ukraine’s occupied territory.
- Russia and Ukraine have tortured prisoners of war in the course of the battle in Ukraine, the Workplace of the United Nations Excessive Commissioner for Human Rights stated, citing examples of mistreatment together with beatings, using electrical shocks and compelled nudity.
- The governor of the Belgorod area of southern Russia, Vyacheslav Gladkov, stated two folks had been killed and three wounded by shelling in a city close to the border with Ukraine.
- The EU ramped up its help to Ukraine by launching a military assistance mission, the place as much as 15,000 Ukrainian troopers will probably be skilled in several European member states.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken mentioned the wave of Russian assaults on a number of cities throughout Ukraine with Ukrainian overseas minister Dmytro Kuleba.
- UN Secretary Basic Antonio Guterres is “very involved” on the stories of the missile explosion in Poland.
- Russia and Ukraine accused each other of extending the struggle on the G20 talks in Bali, with the 2 nations setting out their necessities for peace.
- European Union nations ought to work collectively in replenishing their army inventories and keep away from competing with one another amid persevering with arms deliveries to Ukraine, the EU’s high diplomat stated.