Because the Russia-Ukraine battle enters its 151st day, we check out the principle developments.
Listed below are the important thing occasions thus far on Sunday, July 24.
Get the newest updates here.
- Ukraine’s army reported Russian shelling in quite a few places within the north, south and east, and once more referred to Russian operations paving the best way for an assault on Bakhmut within the Donbas area.
- Ukraine’s air power command mentioned it had shot down three Kalibr cruise missiles launched by the Russian forces from the Black Sea and aimed on the western Khmelnytskyi area.
- Ukrainian forces are step by step shifting into the southern Kherson area, which was taken over by Russia in the beginning of the battle, Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy mentioned late on Saturday.
- President Zelenskyy mentioned Russian missile strikes on Odesa on Saturday have been blatant “barbarism” that confirmed Moscow couldn’t be trusted to implement the grain deal.
- The United Nations, European Union, United States, United Kingdom, Germany and Italy all condemned the strikes.
- Russia mentioned on Sunday that its cruise missiles had struck army infrastructure on the Odesa port.
- Turkey’s defence minister mentioned on Saturday that Russian officers had informed Ankara, which mediated the grain deal together with the US, that Moscow had “nothing to do” with the Odesa strikes.
- A senior US Congressional delegation, together with Consultant Adam Smith, chair of the Home Armed Companies Committee, met Zelenskyy in Kyiv on Saturday and promised to strive to make sure continued help within the battle.
- Ukraine pressed forward with efforts to restart grain exports from Odesa and different Black Sea ports after the missile assault.
- Ukraine might export 60 million tonnes of grain in eight to 9 months if its ports weren’t blockaded, however Russia’s strike on the port of Odesa confirmed it is going to positively not be that straightforward, an financial adviser to the Ukrainian president mentioned.
- The EU is in search of further gasoline provides from Nigeria because the bloc prepares for potential Russian provide cuts, a European Fee power official mentioned.